NOTE: 2022 update coming soon…
Since being elected in 2010, Councillor Eadie has been involved with many improvements to our neighbourhoods in the Mynarski Ward. Check out your neighbourhood in the submenu, broken down into thre areas in the Mynarski Ward. All of these accomplishments happened because Councillor Eadie worked with many others in the community and outside our Mynarski community. And let us not forget that all the accomplishments do not happen with out the excellent work of our City of Winnipeg employees. A list of efforts outside of the Mynarski Ward serving people in Mynarski follows:
- Pan Am Boxing – Pan Am Place Gym project that brings young men into a good place to live while undertaking a physical fitness (healthy) program (These young men do not necessarily box though.)
- Chinese Dramatic Society – creation of a cultural centre for people to immerse themselves in Chinese culture.
- Manitoba Sikh Cultural & Seniors Centre – major renovation of a old school for children, seniors and others who appreciate the Seek Indian culture.
- Mynarski Statue Project Committee – creation of a life sized statue of Andrew Mynarski standing in flames trying to save the gunner on the airplane that crashed and took this war hero’s life, the ward is named after Andrew Mynarski – visit Vimy Ridge Memorial Park to view the statue.
- The Royal Winnipeg Rifles Foundation – renovations of the Rifles Memorial Park to celebrate their 125 anniversary – visit the north west corner of Vimy Ridge Memorial Park.
- Renaming the North Winnipeg Parkway AT trail – on the west side of the Red River from Chief Peguis Trail to the Forks will be renamed to reflect an indigenous name with education opportunities for people to learn about our relationship over a century or two – part of reconciliation (This trail runs through four city wards.)
- Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library Inc. – creation of their new facility supplying service and programming for folks around the city.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Winnipeg Inc. – creation of a new facility for offices and programming space for brothers and sisters to deliver service around the city.
- Winnipeg Habitat for Humanity Inc. – creation of new affordable, ownership housing on a former city department’s property.
- Childrens Hospital – renovations to an area making it much more child friendly for Winnipeg young ones while they spend time getting better at the hospital.