Since becoming city councillor, I have worked with Council colleagues, provincial members of the legislative assembly (MLA), federal workers & members of parliament, city workers, school teachers & principals, not for profit groups and residents to achieve the following improvements and renewals.
Regional Road Renewals
2017 – Salter St. from Cathedral Ave. to Bannerman Ave.
2017 – Salter St. from Bannerman Ave. to Atlantic Ave.
2017 – Salter St. from Atlantic Ave. to Polson Ave.
2017 – Salter St. from Polson Ave. to Inkster Boulevard
Local Road Renewals
2014 – Aikins St. from Machray Ave. to Cathedral Ave.
2014 – Aikins St. from Cathedral Ave. to Bannerman Ave.
2014 – Aikins St. from Bannerman Ave. to Atlantick Ave.
2015 – Church Ave. from Aikens St. to Salter St.
2016 – Carruthers Ave. from Powers St. to Salter St.
2017 – Aikins St. from Redwood Ave. to Boyd Ave.
2017 – Aikins St. from Boyd Ave. to College Ave.
2017 – Aikins St. from College Ave. to Mountain Ave.
Thin Bituminous Overlay
2011 – Machray Ave. from Andrews St. to Powers St.
2012 – Church Ave. from Mcgregor St. to Andrews St.
2012 – Church Ave. from Andrews St. to Powers St.
2012 – Redwood Ave. from McGregor St. to Andrews St.
2012 – Redwood Ave. from Andrews St. to Powers St.
2012 – Redwood Ave. from Powers St. to Salter St.
2014 – Bannerman Ave. from Powers St. to Salter St.
Back Lane Renewals
2013 – st. John’s Ave., Anderson Ave. from Powers St. to Andrews St.
- Machray Park –accessibility improvements to washroom for persons with disabilities, renewal of wading pool, addition of a spray pad and play area upgrades.
- Winnipeg Library Foundation Inc. – – renovations of the John’s Library, celebrating 100 years of public libraries in Winnipeg. (Most of the funding came from the city’s capital budget to the tune of over one million dollars.)
- Machray School – Machray outedoor Learning Project
Cultural Centres & Legions
- Bread of Life Ministry – new community activity centre in the basement of the church on Main St..
- North End Family Centre Corporation – renovations of a building on Main St. to accommodate the expansion of service the organization provides to North Enders experiencing difficulties with affording many things we all take for granted.