St. John’s Park
Since becoming city councillor, I have worked with Council colleagues, provincial members of the legislative assembly (MLA), federal workers & members of parliament, city workers, school teachers & principals, not for profit groups and residents to achieve the following improvements and renewals.
Regional Road Renewals
Local Road Renewals
2015 – Machray Avenue from Main Street to Emslie Street
Thin Bituminous Overlay
Back Lane Renewals
- John’s Park – addition of a pleasure skating rink
- John’s Park – in recognition of 125 years of parks in Winnipeg, a master plan was created with the Healing Forest being established, renewal and addition of lighting throughout the park, a new basketball court at the front of the park for safety, small monument to 125 years, and a new nature play area where the basketball court existed before
- John’s Lawn Bowling Club (St. John’s Park) – landscaping, blub house improvements and new equipment shed.
Cultural Centres and Legions
- Royal Canadian Legion Winnipeg Polish Canadian Branch 246 – roof repair project undertaken to prevent the community space from being destroyed bya major roof problem.
- The Royal Canadian Legion, Winnipeg Polish Canadian Branch 246 – renovation of very old windows.
- John’s Cathedral – successfully moved through Council forgiveness on frontage levies for not for profit and church cemeteries so it continues to be viable in this church yard.