North Point Douglas
Since becoming city councillor, I have worked with Council colleagues, provincial members of the legislative assembly (MLA), federal workers & members of parliament, city workers, school teachers & principals, not for profit groups and residents to achieve the following improvements and renewals.
Regional Road Renewals
2015 – Main St. north bound from Sutherland Ave. to Jarvis St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Jarvis Ave. to Dufferin St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Dufferin Ave. to Euclid St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Euclid Ave. to Stella St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Stella Ave. to Flora St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Flora Ave. to Selkirk St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Selkirk Ave. to Pritchard St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Pritchard Ave. to Manitoba St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Manitoba Ave. to Magnus St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Magnus Ave. to Burrows St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Burrows Ave. to Alfred St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Alfred Ave. to Aberdeen St.
2015 – Main St. north bound from Aberdeen Ave. to Redwood St.
Local Road Renewals
2011 – Pritchard St. from Main St. to Austin St. N.
2011 – Disraeli St. from Rover Ave. to Sutherland Ave.
2011 – Gladstone St. from Sutherland Ave. to Disraeli Freeway ramp
2011 – Annabella St. from Sutherland Ave. to Rover Ave.
2013 – Sutherland St. from Higgins St. to Angus St.
2013 – Sutherland St. from Angus St. to Stephens St.
2015 – Hallet St. from Rover St. to Euclid St.
Thin Bituminous Overlay
2015 – Austin St. N. Selkirk Ave. to Lizgar Ave.
2015 – Austin St. N. from Lizgar Ave. to Lorne Ave.
2015 – Austin St. N. from Lorne Ave. to Euclid Ave.
2018 – Angus St. from Sutherland St. to Rover St.
Back Lane Renewals
2016 – Lizgar St. (south side) from Austin St. N. to Beaconsfield St.
2016 – Aberdeen St. (south side) from Main St. to Red River
2018 – Selkirk St. E. (south side) from Main St. to Austin St. N.
2018 – Granville St. (both sides) from Rover St. to Euclid St.
- Syndicate Totlot
- Doctor Jim Shaver Memorial Playground – in addition to repair of grounds after Disraeli construction, upgraded play structures.
- Michaelle Jean Park – funded a large portion of a community oven conceived by the North Point Douglas Womens’ Centre and a impassioned resident and volunteer.
- SISTARS Economic Development Co-Op Inc. – upgrade of kitchen and space in the daycare.
- Norquay C.C. – main building repairs, satellite building improvements and play area renovation.
- North Point Douglas Womens Centre – refreshing of the Centre’s exterior.
- Norquay Recreation Committee Inc. (Norquay C.C.)-Signage for Renaming the Beaconsfield satellite to Rita Richard Recreation Centre in recognition of her commitment to Norquay CC for most of her life.
Cultural Centres & Legions
- Building Urban Industries for Local Development (BUILD) Inc. – renovation of programming space which trains young adults to make a living the good way while avoiding social hazards for family.