Since becoming city councillor, I have worked with Council colleagues, provincial members of the legislative assembly (MLA), federal workers & members of parliament, city workers, school teachers & principals, not for profit groups and residents to achieve the following improvements and renewals.
Regional Road Renewals
2018 – McGregor St. from Redwood Ave. to Boyd Ave.
2018 – McGregor St. from Boyd Ave. to College Ave.
2018 – McGregor St. from College Ave. to Mountain Ave.
Local Road Renewals
2012 – Parr St. from Landsdowne Ave. to Carruthers Ave.
2016 – Carruthers Ave. from McGregor St. to McKenzie St.
2016 – Carruthers Ave. from Parr St. to Arlington St.
Thin Bituminous Overlay
2014 – Redwood Ave. from Arlington St. to Parr St.
Back Lane Renewals
2018 – (new) McKenzie St. (west side) from Machray Ave. to Cathedral Ave.
2018 – (new) McKenzie St. (west side) from Cathedral Ave. to Bannerman Ave.
2018 – (new) McKenzie St. (west side) from Bannerman Ave. to Atlantic Ave.
2018 – (new) McKenzie St. (west side) from Atlantic Ave. to Polson Ave.
2018 – (new) McKenzie St. (west side) from Polson Ave. to Inkster Boulevard
- Forestry – pruning of all public trees in this neighbourhood in 2018 and 2019.
- Inkster School – parent council’s electronic sign project to better communicate school day and night activities to the neighbourhood.
- Sinclair Park C.C. parking lot project to allow more parking spaces for the newly enlarged community centre including a large gymnasium. (Sinclair Park CC
‘s catchment area takes in the Inkster Faraday Neighbourhood.)
Cultural Centres & Legions
- Atlantic Garden City United Church – elevator project making access to the various activities in the church for seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Parish – Handicap Loading Bay and Electric Door Operators. (St. Nicholas exists in the Robertson Neighbourhood, but it serves a congregation around the whole city.)